Sunday, October 19, 2014

1 Nephi 13:12

Happy Columbus Day!!!  We have been singing America songs all day to commemorate the finding of this awesome Country.  Always a party :)
So, we are back to being a duo.  The dynamic duo.  Sis Wood was emergency transferred to Reno this week so it is just sister Catlett and I again.  It's been fun.  Even though we haven't really seen each other this week because of exchanges.  And next week is going to be even crazier!  With all the stuff that has been going on, we have had to push back exchanges and so have been doing two and sometimes three a week.  It wears you out!!  But it is super fun because you get to get to know new people, see new areas, and learn different teaching techniques.  I think that's why I am a Sister Training Leader, I need all the extra help!  It's not enough just to learn from my companion but I get to learn from all the sisters in Sparks!  
We've been keeping busy, teaching lots of people, doing a lot of walking, talking to a lot of people.  We met this really cool guy this week.  He was a paraplegic, he had gotten his neck broken when a drunk driver hit him.  But instead of letting that get him down, he took up wheelchair tennis and ended up winning the U.S. Open in wheelchair tennis!  How cool is that??  I didn't even know that was a thing, but apparently it is.  He was super religious too and had some amazing stories about how God had helped him through his trials.  It was amazing to listen to him and hear his stories.  I think that is one of my favorite parts of the mission, all the amazing people we are able to meet!  So many amazing experiences and people out there.
Crazy cat story.  We had parked and were getting ready to get out and the phone rings.  So I answer it and start talking but leave my door open so we don't bake in the car.  Well there is this cat that is just chilling in a garage across the street.  He is staring at us and they just starts walking over, sauntering over, I should say.  We are watching him this whole time while I am talking to the person on the other line.  He continues until he reaches our car, stares at us for a second, and then jumps in the car onto my lap and plops himself down!!  I had no idea what to think, this random cat just coming over and getting into our car.  It was a fat cat too and would not get off.  My companion (we were on exchanges) is sitting in the car dying with laughter and this cat is just sitting on my lap very content.  Too bad the owners were not outside and we could have used that to start a conversation!  
Anywho, I hope everyone has a great week and watch out for those crazy cats!
Love,
Sis Rae
My beautiful Sparks :)
My crazy companion

Just chilling

No comments:

Post a Comment