Monday, April 7, 2014

Nap Time??

This week has seriously been one of the most tiring weeks of my mission.  Probably the most exhausting since my first weeks out here getting used to everything.  But all good stuff!!
We had a lot of meetings this week, then had to prepare trainings off of those meetings and then just getting used to a new area and new people and caught up on everything that has been going on down in Sparks 2nd these past nine months.  Right after I left last time, they added another companionship to the area and I am on the side of the ward now that we didn't spend as much time in because it is the less humble side I guess you could say.  So lots of new people and new investigators.  We haven't been able to spend a ton of time in our area though because we have another sister staying with us until her companion gets back in (her comp had to go home for medical leave), and so we are covering two areas right now.  Staying super busy!  But there are lots of amazing things going on right now and a couple people that are about to get baptized here in the next little bit.
It's been fun to see old ward members again and one or two people that I taught way back when.  I just found out that someone we had been teaching who was less active at the time, just went through the temple!!  It made me extremely happy.  She was someone that we had worked with a lot and it was good that she made it to the temple.  It was also weird because we didn't have church on Sunday because of General Conference.  Church is the best time as a missionary because you put families together and meet people and they get to meet you and you can start building that trust with the members.  So I'll be two weeks working in the area before I get to church and get to meet people.
Speaking of General Conference, it was so good!  Conference as a missionary is the best thing ever.  You just think of all the people you are teaching and how you can use that to help them.  The theme I picked up was a lot about being proactive and standing up for what is right, even when it gets hard.  A lot about the Atonement and how we can use our Saviors help to strengthen ourselves and others in times of trial.  It was also super awesome because we went over to our Bishops house and they had a HUGE breakfast and brought out blankets and warm socks and we watched it with the other sisters in our ward.  That's the best part about conference ;)
Well, I have to run...I'm a little slower at typing my emails right now but I hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Love,

Sis. Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment