Saturday, May 17, 2014

God Has a Sense of Humor

First off, it was SO good being able to call home.  Seems like there is never is enough time to say everything that I want to.  Love you guys!
Not really much to say since yesterday...except....transfer calls came!  I know most of you won't appreciate it but EVERYTHING got mixed up.  President has combined zones to make them bigger and then has made more and smaller districts within the zones.  So there were double transfers and moves all over the place.  And when you are a missionary, life revolves around these moves and you pray that it ends well for everyone ha-ha. The sisters that share the ward with us are both moving out and they are putting elders in (which is going to be so weird) and then Sis Whipple is leaving me to go to Reno. So sad.  I wish we would have been able to serve together longer. But my new companion is Sis Sweany, I am SO. EXCITED.  I have served around her for the past 6 months or so and just love her.  I actually sent a picture of her a couple weeks ago!  It was the picture of us and the jackalope, lookin kind of crazy.  She is so much fun and I am stoked to be comps with her!
This week was really good.  Lots of amazing meetings.  Elder Teh from the Seventy came and spoke with all of us.  There was a fireside on Tuesday night for everyone we teach as missionaries and then on Thursday we had an all-day conference with him, just us missionaries.  Whenever you hear direct council from a leader like that specifically to you and your job, it's always amazing.  Leaves you on a spiritual high.  But made for a very, very busy week.  Especially since we had to present training to the zone on Tuesday as well and then had two exchanges this week with sisters.  Kind of glad Sis Whipple will be packing today because that might mean I get a nap!  Sorry, I can't think of much else.  My brain always fills like mush after transfer calls...especially when things are getting mixed up!
Well, I hope you all had a good Mother’s Day and we will talk to you later!
Love,
Sis. Rae


Hermana Toli fell asleep :)

​This was the most serious one we had...  Hma Bautista, Sis Whipple, me, and Hma Toli

We were having a ding-dong ditch war with the Hermanas and they decorated our door



No comments:

Post a Comment