Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Long Short Week

This weeks been kind of crazy!  I feel like I was literally here just a few minutes ago writing a letter but then so much stuff has happened this week.  We have been keeping busy, that's for sure!  
For the most exciting news, Jordan got baptized!  It was nice to be able to go see the baptism even though I am not in that area anymore, and to see the people from the ward again.  It's funny how attached you get to people in just a short six weeks!  As always, the baptism was so good.  The spirit was strong and it is my favorite thing in the world to see someone come out of the water.  There is nothing that brings so much happiness than to see their face after they have come out of the water and the joy that is there.  So amazing!  I wish everyone in the world had the opportunity to see it because it just testifies that they are on the right path and doing the correct things to bring them closer to God.  
In other news...we weren't allowed to go outside a lot this week because of the smoke.  There are about 3 new fires in the area, surrounding us, so the air reached hazard levels.  So no bikes.  Luckily!  We had quite a few appointments this week so we were still able to work and spread the good news.  We did have lots of extra study time though because we weren't allowed to go do any tracting or street contacting because they don't want us to die, which is always a good thing.  The lessons we did have this week though were super good!  Many of them were new investigators so we were introducing them to the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith etc.  Which is always my favorite part because the Spirit is always there when you testify of the First Vision or of the Book or Mormon.  What made it even funner though was that 3 of the people we taught were philosophy majors or religion majors.  Deep thinkers!  It kind of blew my mind some of the questions they asked but they were always good questions and came from a desire to really know.  It helped re-affirm to me that this is the Lords work.  Because even though those are topics that interest me, there were some questions that I had no idea even how to BEGIN to answer them.  Then we would testify and sometimes I don't even know what I said or how it made sense to them but it did!  But it definitely wasn't my words that did it!  The Lord is at the head of this work and will always help us and make up for what we are lacking in our knowledge or experience or whatever.  Such a great reminder to me.  At the end of the lesson, all three of them committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it.  It was a miracle!  
This is Jeremy at his baptism

Sis. Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment