Saturday, August 3, 2013

Eagle Canyon

The week of transfers is always insane, but I survived!  My head is spinning with all sorts of new names and faces and roads but I am slowly getting it.  So our area is a pretty ritzy side of town and includes an Indian Reservation up in the mountains which is pretty cool!  My favorite part of my area is the road names; Running Deer, Prairie Moon, Talking Sparrow turns into Silent Sparrow (I think they got tired of listening to it and just killed the poor thing) Penguin etc.  It makes me want to laugh every time someone tells me where they live.  Since we have the Indian Reservation and live quite a ways out of our area, we have a car but don't have enough miles to use it all the time so we bike everyday, all day.  And our area is NOT flat.  I am going to be tanner and in better shape than I have in my whole life after this area.  Last transfer, they were double transferred in and mainly focused on people who were not active in the church, so the area is still really slow and we only have one investigator now (that is being baptized on the 10th of August!) so we have done a lot of tracting and finding this week.  It's a lot of work!  No one warned me before I came out that missionary work was so exhausting in every aspect.  But it is so amazing at the same time!  We have had some awesome experiences just in the last week with running into people who are interested in religion and one lady even asked us if she could buy a Book of Mormon from us before we even introduced ourselves!  The Lord provides if we just get up and do.  
My companion is Sis. Ward and has only been out one transfer longer than I have so we are both really new.  She is from South Carolina and is SUPER quiet, well, quiet when other people are around.  In lessons she barely says anything but when she does it is super amazing.  She has a strong testimony and is really fun to work with.  Not much to tell this week, it's just been a lot of knocking on doors and talking to random people!  Always a joy :)
Hope everyone is having a great week and enjoying the sun!
Love, Sis. Rae
Our inheritance in the apt.

Best street ever

 My new companiera!

No comments:

Post a Comment