Monday, October 7, 2013

A Week of Meetings

This week was crazy busy!  In addition to General Conference, we had Zone Conference which took up our whole Friday.  Good stuff though!  Always fun to get with other missionaries and see ways we can improve.
So this General Conference was probably the best I have ever listened to.  Let me tell you why.  So for the past couple weeks we have been extending an invitation to everyone we teach.  We ask them to write down a couple questions or concerns they have, to pray about them, and then to listen to Conference and they will hear an answer to their question, no matter what it is.  Sister Ward and I joined in the experiment as well.  Several people told us their questions so we were aware of what some of their needs were.  Things ranging from tithing to depression to schooling.  As we listened to Conference, EVERY SINGLE question was answered.  In multiple talks.  Such a testimony builder to me and the Spirit was so strong!  I can't wait for this next week to talk to people about it!  I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
In other news, this week I had two people tell me that I reminded them of their Golden Retrievers...don't know if that is a compliment or not...Gotta love people!  
Sorry again this is kinda short, still typing with one hand.  The long letter from Rae Elder should make up for the shortness of this one ;)
Have a fabulous week and give your missionaries some referals!
Love,
Sis. Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment