Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Downhill Slide

Well, I have officially passed my halfway mark and it's all downhill from here!  Weirdest thought ever.  I still feel like I am a brand new greenie trying to figure things out.  Guess that's how life works!  We also passed transfers and surprise surprise, I am staying in Eagle Canyon for another 6 weeks with Sister Irwin!  By the end of this next transfer, I will have spent 9 months (half my mission!) in this area.  Apparently I'm not learning somethin' I need to learn! haha  No, but really, I love it here and would be more than happy if I spent the rest of my mission here!  Heck, you know you've been here a long time when you know the names of all the DOGS in the ward!  And yes, I claim that status of awesomeness.
This week has been a pretty awesome week!  It ended especially well, Scott and Kirsten got baptized!  It was pretty awesome and super exciting for their whole family!  Stacy has been a member since she was 8 but hasn't been since about then but she commented after the baptism that she finally felt like her family was complete, something she didn't realize that it wasn't until they got baptized.  They were finally all together and working toward the same goal.  It made me so happy to hear that and realized that that is why I was out here.  To bring families together.  That's the whole crux of the gospel!  To make it possible for families to be united in that common goal and be united for time and all eternity.  That is the message that we have for everyone, that goal that we are all reaching for.
We had a couple amazing experiences as well this week; just when things go right and people are home and actually want to talk with you.  For example, we have been working with this lady, Sue, since I got here and she hasn't really made any big steps just because she has a lot on her plate of life right now and religion wasn't a huge priority but still wanted to meet with us because it brought some 'peace' into her crazy life.  Well, the other day, we just stopped by on a whim because we were in the area and another lesson had canceled on us.  She was outside and you could tell she was struggling, just in one of those moods.  Come to find out, her son, who has some severe medical needs, was struggling with one of the many conditions that he has.  I offered to get someone over there for a blessing of healing for Michael and she accepted.  So right then, we had a member come over with his son and give both of them a Priesthood blessing.  It was not some spectacular blessing but you could just feel the love in the room, it was amazing.  And it really touched Sue.  She's had the kind of life that there hasn't been much love there and so I think it really touched her that people would drop what they were doing to come help her and meet her needs, especially since she doesn't know them and isn't part of the church!  We had a lesson with her the next day and it was amazing to see the difference in her.  She had read from the Book of Mormon, talked more and asked more questions, and actually smiled.  It's so cool to see how just one act of kindness can go so far in a persons life!  
I am about out of time but I hope everyone's week was just as good and that this next one is just as great!  
Love,
Sis Rae
Hartze baptism!

Valentines present we left the other missionaries in our apartment complex along with some cupcakes :)

Best license plate ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment