Monday, February 24, 2014

That's the Life

I have a couple of good stories this week!  Don't have really much to do with missionary work, just missionary life.  So we went on our weekly visit to a family who has this three year old son who is quite the handful and has the mouth of a sailor!  He's really cute and can be really sweet though so it makes up for it. Well, we were sittin' on the couch ya know, with our scriptures out being all spiritual and the boy crawls on the couch by me and starts playing with my hair.  Then he leaves and I reach up to smooth it down and it is WET!  My first though was the applesauce he was eating but come to find out, his sister puts olive oil in her hair to help it and he was just trying to be nice and make our hair look beautiful as well.  Too bad it was in the morning though, we live 20 minutes away from our shower and no time to go back.  Thank goodness my hair is now long enough for a pony tail!!  That's all I'm sayin'.  
Another story, again about Alex.  So they came to church this week (yay!) and he is quite the handful and doesn't enjoy sitting for that long.  We were in the middle of the sacrament and he was trying to escape and his mom grabbed him, so of course he wasn't happy with that and, very clearly and loudly, yells some choice words at her.  I'm used to it by now, but some others at church aren't, their faces definitely made me laugh!  Then during the closing prayer, he tries to escape again and he is grabbed by the member who was sitting by them, helping out.  As Alex is being held by the member, he reaches out his arms to us (we were sitting a couple rows behind them) and yells, "Missionaries!!  Help me!  Save me!  Missionaries!!"  At least he trusts us, right?  It was pretty great.  I love eventful Sundays.  
Sis Irwin had the flu for a couple days this week so we stayed in.  Which meant I was by myself.  In a quiet apartment.  Stuck there. With nothing to do.  So I cleaned, read the Book of Mormon, watched the District (for FUN) and found a 500 piece puzzle (that was really hard), took a nap, finished the Book of Mormon, and cooked some amazing cookies.  It was really boring.  
But luckily she was better in time for our baptism this week!  Earl, was baptized this weekend!  His wife was the one that got baptized back in December but he wasn't quite ready for it yet.  While we were at the baptism, one of the 6 year old daughters came up to me and told me that she wanted to be a missionary just like me one day.  Made my life!!  She's a cutie.  Then on Sunday, Earl got the Holy Ghost and Scott received the priesthood and next week there is a temple trip for baptisms so they are going to that.  It's so exciting to see these families grow in the gospel and be part of the whole experience (since I've been here for forever and a half) and to see the changes that they have made in their lives from the day I met them to know.  Ah!  I wish I could put it into words, but just know that it is amazing.
The church is true and life is good!
Love,

Sis Rae
Baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment