Sunday, August 17, 2014

Why Are There So Many Songs About Rainbows

It rained this week.  Every day.  All day.  Which is really weird for Nevada, this is the most rain they have gotten for years.  But I'm not complaining!  It keeps things cool, gets rid of the fires that are going on, and who doesn't love dancin in the rain?  Not that we have time for that but still.  And it means that we get to see rainbows almost every day.  Nothing beats coming out of an amazing lesson with a rainbow peeking through the clouds and mist.  
Anywho.  What happened this week.... it was a crazy week.  We went to transfers (even though both of us were staying) and had to house missionaries that were leaving to go out East or had a new companion coming on the bus the next day from out East.  So we had 3 missionaries staying with us for 24 hours....that was a party.  Perks of living right across from the mission office!  You get roped into everything ;)  It was fun though.  I don't think we overwhelmed too many people with the army of missionaries coming over for a lesson; hopefully ha-ha  
Sis Sweany and I were asked to provide the music for the funeral for the lady that passed away last week so we had to go to that.  Fun times.  Actually it was really awkward because we only knew her, we didn't know anyone that came to her funeral so I kind of felt like I was intruding.  But it was nice to be able to go and hear the stories about her and everything so I'm glad they asked us to participate.  
Ok, done with the dreary stuff.  Awesome something that happened this week!  Our investigator, Zack got baptized this weekend!  His dad was baptized a couple weeks ago but he wasn't quite ready yet so we waited a couple weeks, taught him some more and he made the leap this weekend.  Well, since his dad now has the Priesthood, he was able to baptize Zack!  Which was so awesome!  I can't even explain how amazing it is to see someone, who, a few months ago was kind of rough around the edges change to someone who is able to baptize his kids.  And I don't know if you remember the picture we took at Chuck’s baptism but the difference is so amazing to this picture.  He has changed in just the few short weeks since he has been baptized he actually looks different.  The gospel has so much power to change our lives and make us into better people, more like our Savior Jesus Christ.  It's such a blessing to me and I am so thankful that I have this opportunity to share what I care about so much with others and then see them change because of it.  And the best part of the baptism was that when we went in, it was stormy and rainy and nasty outside, and when we walked out, everything was calm and clear, and there was a huge double rainbow in the sky.  If that's not symbolic, then I don't know what is.  
It was a wonderful experience and can I just say again, the Church is true and I love being a missionary!  The rest of the week flew by and I don't remember most of it but it was good.  Like always :)
I hope everyone has a great week and enjoy the last bit of summer!
Love,
Sis Rae
Zack's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment